Thursday, October 4, 2007

We aren't the only ones!

My family, especially my sister and I, have always been huge believers in the amazing power of hugs.

While watching the pilot Pushing Daisies last night, one of the characters described her philosophy on hugs saying, "A hug can turn your day around, it's like an emotional Heimlich. Someone puts their arms around you, and they give you a squeeze and all your fear and anxiety comes shooting out of your mouth, and you can breathe again."

I thought that it was perfect and needed to be shared. So there you go, a little hug quote. I hope it makes you smile.

3 comments:

Casie said...

As a side note, the show was cute and quirky and worth giving a shot.

Carla said...

an emotional hemlich! that is great. and so true.

thank you my huggy sista

Anonymous said...

An interesting theory... I am envious of those of you who feel that effect from hugs. I instead find them awkward and unnerving. I suppose I find the fact that you keep trying to share your love for them with me each time I see you endearing, but I cannot say I share your beliefs. The hug itself is still an awkward thing.