Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Quick Test Taker

I have always been a quick test taker. Since as far back as I can remember I was one of the first people in my class finished with a test. On several occasions, I have been in the presence of teachers or professors who naysayed quick exam completion for various reasons. This has lead me to always have a little doubt in my head whenever I walked up to the front of the room, finished scantron/bluebook in hand through aisles of my peers with furoughed brows of concentration. Until today.

Today, I am the lucky one, whose rapid completion of my online classes final became enviable. Today, my class and I sat down in one of the schools computer labs to take a proctored final for our online class. We were allotted an hour and a half to finish the exam. I answered the last question after twenty two minutes. Then after five or so minutes of "reviewing my answers" as I have often been advised to do and maybe two minutes of himming and hawing, I submitted the exam. The school's online class program, Blackboard, gave me my results and I was finished. I left the room and sat outside and waited for my fellow students. About ten minutes later, a classmate walks out and tells me that when he went to submit his answers, Internet Explorer came back with a message saying that the "Successful Submission" page could not be displayed. Turns out that the Blackboard site had gone down in the middle of our test, and I am the ONLY ONE whose test was submitted. And therefore, the only one who doesn't have to start the whole thing over again once Blackboard comes up! Yeah me!

No comments: