Thursday, November 1, 2007

Strange changes

So I started my new job today. I must say it was an interesting experience.

For those of you who are not up to speed, allow me to fill you in on my life so far. When I started my old job 2 years ago my official job description included "Figure everything out." Yes, I'm serious. If it was new, I had to figure it out. If it was hard and no one else had time, I had to figure it out. If...well, you get the idea. I have, in my couple of years back, learned PLC code, SQL, VB.NET, ASP.NET, OPC protocols, ICONICS software, VBA, Excel, and 5 million other little things.

Cut to 2 years later, after all of this crazy stuff, I start at my next job. I went in today, turned in my forms and applications for benefits and insurance and then... I waited for like 20 minutes.

Thats right, I waited. 20 minutes later, I find myself finally walking towards my desk. Once I get to my desk, I waited for about 5 minutes and then I got my first assignment!!!

I had to read a chapter consisting of about 20 pages.

And then I waited.

All in all, it was a very good day. I am not really complaining about the waiting. It was just a much slower pace than I am used to.

It should be a lot of fun. Everyone was really nice and the company seems like a really nice company. We'll see how things go.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad your first day went good Joe.... I do hope you eventually do more than wait tho.....it gets old pretty fast.... I do a lot of waiting at my job sometimes....

Colleen said...

congrats Joe! I'm very excited for you :)