Friday, August 31, 2007

Even Meaner Girls


It has been several months since I first eluded to writing a weekly movie review. Since then I really hadn't seen anything that made me recoil in horror enough to warrant a post nor anything so good that I thought my friends just had to watch it...until today. Today, after the first of many test days from hell, I came home and watched Pretty Persuasion.

The film centers around ultimate mean girl, Kimberly, and her two friends. The threesome accuse their English and Drama teacher of sexual harassment, and the film centers around the events that lead up to and follow the teachers trial. Pretty Persuasion is dark and funny, creating a pointed satire of American culture.

Normally, I realize my reviews say a bit more about a film than I have here, but I don't think I have the stamina for an attempt at eloquence after my marathon test taking session this morning. Therefore, I encourage you to read this review of the movie if you need more information or simply rent it, it was great!

No comments: