Monday, February 26, 2007

Winter in Missouri

This winter I experienced my first ice storm, a phenomenon that until this point in my life I had never even contemplated. During the storm I learned many lessons, including but not limited to the following:

1. When you hear on the radio that an ice storm is coming, just maybe
you should pay attention and prepare.
2. An electric water heater really sucks.
3. It is possible to sleep in 5 layers of clothes.
4. Nobody that shops at Wal-Mart likes organic soup.

All in all, we did just fine and out of it I got some amazing photos.





2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I didn't know that ice could completely form around a tree like that.....it scary....good pics Casie, keep warm, maybe I'll make you a long, super thick scarf next time..... it looks like you could use it.

Casie said...

It's not so cold anymore!